How To Stop Anxiety Attacks

When it comes to you knowing how to stop anxiety attacks, it is a good idea to understand what has caused it in the first place.  Also, the methods you use in order to treat the attack will depend how just how severe yours is.  Below we list a few things that one can do in order to prevent an anxiety attack from becoming worse.
How to Stop Anxiety Attacks - Step 1 – As previously mentioned you first need to recognise what is triggering your attack.  Only once, you know what is setting your attack off will you actually be better prepared for dealing with and controlling all future attacks that you have.

How to Stop Anxiety Attacks- Step 2 – The next thing to do when an attack occurs is to actually find ways of distracting your mind.  By knowing what triggers an attack you will then be more aware of the symptoms associated with your attack as soon as it starts.  The earlier you are able to recognise an anxiety attack is playing the quicker you will be able to put in place the techniques that can help to stop it.

One of the best ways of actually helping to prevent the signals reaching your brain that will further exacerbate the attack is by slowing down your breathing.  Doing this actually helps to focus and calm your mind down and so stop you thinking about the attack that is trying to get started.  Also calming down your mind actually gives you the chance to think much more clearly and this will then help you to gain control over the situation and which will help you to feel better and able to manage the situation much better as well.

How to Stop Anxiety Attacks- Step 3 – It is important that you learn to accept how you feel when are having an anxiety attack.  Many people get angry because of their attacks and so are actually unable to face up to the problem and this makes them much harder to deal with.  In a lot of cases, these kinds of people will try to avoid any situations that are likely to trigger an anxiety attack and so their day-to-day lives can become seriously comprised.

It is therefore far better for you to actually accept the way you when an attack is happening.  By doing this you can work on using ways that can help, to stop and prevent anxiety attacks from happening to you in the future.

Certainly, the most common thing that is likely to trigger an anxiety attack in a person is the thought that they can occur at any time.  Those people who think like this will find actually trying to find ways of how to stop anxiety attacks will find it far more difficult because they do not have any control over them.   Learning to use the right kinds of relaxation and breathing techniques will further help you to prevent such attacks from occurring in the future.

Comments

1. aKBAR says:

IS THERE MEDICAL TRATMENT FOR SOCIAL ANXIETY?

2. salem says:

aftre over dose of marinol. i got shocked from this over dose , i start having severe anxiety , i can not even sleep
    i dont have anxiety before , i was healthy
    iam thinking anxiety will go as docotor said , it is chemical balance , it is been hear

sincerly
    saleem

3. Debbie says:

I do not have a MPe player. Can I order the book?

4. savannah says:

i think im having anxiety issuues.i feel so sick all the time and i cant eat.i think about things so much that it makes me sick.my mom also died a year ago when i was 16 i think that has something to do with it.can any one help? e mail me at savannah419@Gmail.com

5. lil Guy says:

please send me more information

6. Brenda Gonzales says:

My pulse has been rapid for months, between 108 and 122 resting. I will start sweating and it won’t stop, if I move in the least… now my throat is starting to feel like I am being choked. I have always had some kind of depression, but I can’t live like this. It is truly debilitating. I have Systemic Lupus and work full time with two teenage daughters.

I really think it is my job. I was demoted because I am having trouble concentrating (years of prednisone).. literally demoted. I am embarrassed and humiliated. I have been at this place of employment for 16 years. Make it stop!!! I wish I could – it’s getting worse.

7. Stressed Out... says:

Unfortunately I suffer from anxiety attacks. And this has really helped me. In fact, I was having an anxiety attack before I read this atricle. So I quickly begun searching online to find ways to help stop it, and fortunately I came across this article. So I begun to take deep breaths very slowly for five minutes, and it really helped!

Although it has not cured my worry 100%… I still feel sad about the situation that caused my attack… but it has certainly made me feel a lot more calmer then I was before which is better then nothing so, thanks!